Welcome to Bullets #5! You can read the previous one here: bullets/4.
Bory Tucholskie trip⌗
I took some time off and started my holiday with a trip to Bory Tucholskie1. We had a great time together with my family and friends! Lots of good food (it was so good that it was hard to stick to the diet), beautiful sceneries, and rapidly changing weather – we experienced a few hours of sunbathing, only to run from a blizzard in a matter of minutes.
Next time, I’m taking a bike with me!
Tour de France 2023 is over⌗
- Oh boy, I was really sorry to see Tadej Pogacar losing the battle with Jonas Vingegaard. But at the same time, I had immense respect for Jonas who won the time trial by more than a minute and resembled a machine during his 30-minute long ride. The next day, we heard “I’m gone. I’m dead.” from Tadej, and that was the moment when the race ended. I’m certain these words will be a significant part in Season 2 of “Unchained” on Netflix next year!
- 😭 This interview with Matej Mohoric after winning the race is pure gold. So humble… and the moment when he thinks about Gino Mader, who passed away a few weeks ago… A special moment, worth watching to experience the emotions with Matej.
Around the house and life⌗
- 🧴 Stage 1 of the terrace renovation is complete! I applied the last can of oil right after we got back from the Bory trip. The only issue is that it didn’t dry entirely before it started to rain. I hope it won’t ruin my effort and everything will be okay! I’ll add some photos in the next bullets edition.
- 📚 I finally organized my movie/TV series library and ended up with Trakt as the main source of information. It was a lengthy process, though, as I had to migrate things from Filmweb2, Letterboxd and Serializd. In order to do that, I had to play with a few Python scripts: jensb89/trakt—letterboxd-import, jensb89/Netflix-to-Trakt-Import, anthonyfoulfoin/trakt-tv-duplicates-removal and some tools like a duplicate removal tool. I hope you won’t need them! Right now, I’m up to date with movies and TV series. I just need to get back to spending time in front of the TV, but I’ll probably wait with that until the days become shorter!
- 🤙 dbrand prepared a new drop – Something. I like it!
- 😲 What an animation masterpiece – great find, Jason Kottke! An Incredible Stop-Motion Animation of a Samurai Fight.
- 🚲 My journey with a new bike looks promising! I returned the smaller one (and received a refund 😙). In the meantime, the new one arrived, and the first ride was already much more comfortable. A few more tweaks are needed here and there (such as brake modulation, Karoo/front light mount), but overall, the bike is ready and just waiting for the rider to start pedaling!
- 🇵🇱 Last cycling bit – Tour de Pologne 2023 starts in my area in a few days, there’s a good chance I’ll be there with my boys watching the peleton passing by!
- ❌ I mean… WTF:D I wouldn’t bother, but a lot of short material (including the one from TdF) is still posted there, I wish the Eurosport crew is going to migrate to Mastodon soon!
- 🏋️♂️ I thought it was another service from our beloved @adam, but I don’t think that’s the case! workout.lol is a cool site giving you a lot of ideas about possible exercises. I’m not an expert in the area, but it appears solid and adjusts the results based on the equipment you have, so you don’t end up with ten different exercise ideas that you can’t perform because you don’t own a kettlebell. I might have something similar in Fitbod, but workout.lol is a free service!