Welcome to Bullets #6! You can read the previous one here: bullets/5.
Baldurs Gate 3⌗
- As you may have noticed, I haven’t been very active on Mastodon or this blog recently. The reason is simple – I’ve become completely addicted to “Baldur’s Gate 3” instead of spending my evenings in a productive way.
- I’m playing as a paladin and trying to be a good guy, or rather a male human in this case.
- The last time I felt so immersed in a game was when I was playing Fallout 2 more than 20 years ago1.
- I tried playing it on Mac some time ago, but I wasn’t happy with the performance and the limitations of the screen, so I returned it. I patiently waited for the premiere of the PS5 version and bought it again. I still find it difficult to manage inventory, spells, and dozens of actions using a controller, but fortunately, as a turn-based game, it’s not a big issue.
- It’s a wonderful game, but if you want to get enough sleep, I wouldn’t recommend buying it.
- I’ve completed a few projects! Once I reach 5 projects, I will create a dedicated page for them on this blog:)
- The most recent project I finished is a cutting board that I gifted to my wife. It was my first time using a router and jig!
- My wife is happy, and that makes me happy!
- It might not be impressive to someone else, but I know that I put genuine effort and heart into it, and this invisible part is the most valuable aspect of the gift.
- My great streak and optimism faded a bit when I attempted to build a pencil holder from multiple pieces of wood. I failed to cut out the perfect circle and couldn’t figure out how to work with small elements.
- Even though I didn’t manage to finish the project, I learned quite a lot, and that’s the positive aspect of it.
- Another positive aspect is that I asked a friend to help me out with some 3D printed templates for the next attempt. I already have them, and I can’t wait to use them in my next project!
New keyboard on board⌗
- I have to admit that buying a new keyboard was a good excuse for writing this particular post. I’m a proud owner of a Keychron Q1 Pro with Keychron K Pro Brown switches. If there were a burglary, I would grab this keyboard and fight off the burglar with it. It is heavy and could be used as a weapon.
- The main reasons for the change were that I wanted a full set of function keys and a different layout compared to my previous keyboard (it turns out I’m a fan of the ISO-UK layout2). I’m still getting used to the
Enterkey being narrower, so I often hit
Enter, but other than that, the overall experience is superb!
- Hopefully, I won’t need to buy another keyboard for the next few years!
Links I saved for sharing with you⌗
- Two articles from Mark Manson that I’ve read recently and I think they are worth sharing. I think a lot about increasing positivity in my life and these two articles are a good starting point.
- In the 1994 Caribbean Cup qualifying group stage match between Barbados and Grenada, the 90 minutes of normal time ended with an intentional own goal by Barbados and then with Grenada trying to score either a goal or an own goal and Barbados defending both nets. Say what?! How did this happen?
- After seeing the renders, I want to have one in my backyard! Looks outstanding!
- This got my attention by accident, but looks very cool if you want to scan your documents and organize them in a nice way thanks to OCR capabilities of the software, all for free!
- The days are shorter, and the few minutes when the sun is shining during the day are precious. These days, I keep my camera next to me because there’s only a narrow window of opportunity to capture a nice, warm photo! I particularly enjoy taking photographs of our day-to-day life, such as preparing dinner or playing with kids. Give it a try!
- I still love reading other peoples’ blogs! Apart from stories and thing people share, I put a lot of attention in how their pages work. Michael automated a lot and I’m impressed! Especially by the /blogroll and /now pages. A lot to learn from!