I feel like I’m getting out of the cave once again. March was a tough month. We went through layoffs at work, I got health issues for the first time in 6 months, I broke my 150 days streak of closing all the activity rings on my Apple Watch. Bla, bla – tough!
On the positive or simply neutral side, there were some good things as well:
- I went to Berlin for Disruption Forum – it was great to meet people in person again! New faces, new experiences, and good old kebabs!
- I started to use logseq as my main note-taking tool. I’m still not sure if it’s the right tool for me, but I’m giving it a try. A few weeks in, I’m using it everyday, mostly as a daily journal/note taking tool. Definitely need to write more about it as some of the features are really cool and probably it will end up with a complete transition from Craft app.
- I’ve spent way too much time on playing with links last month when I was creating my /linklog. It pushed me to explore better ways of saving links, tagging them and highlighting the most important context. TLDR: I’ve been using Readwise for my linklog and I’ll probably purchase it when my trial ends."
- by the way, linklog isn’t updated, because the API I created for it is not compatible with Reader/Readwise yet. Online life is complicated.
- I went more into generative AI, mostly ChatGPT and Midjourney. I try to use it every day and make familiar with what such interfaces and tools can do. Right now I’m not exploring every new tool that comes out, as there are a lot of scams and empty promises there, however there’s a lot of potential in this area and few decent ones as well.
- my first Midjourney creation is the header image for this post. Pretty, isn’t it?
- Marco (@esamecar) inspired (and still inspires) me with his weekly journal. I enjoy the format A LOT and probably I’ll start something similar (as soon as I get my normal rhythm back)
- I went to the cinema and watched John Wick 4! It turns out that I’m really a simple man and don’t need a complex movie to enjoy it. Good action, good sound and I’m good to go!
- After few years of using Unifi ecosystem,
mongodbinstance on my console got corrupted and I did a clean install recently.
- The URLs #1: Are we going back to the earlier days of the web?
- Uploading Files to Fly.io Using scp
- How to create a linklog in a few easy steps
- February Summary
March, thank you! 💙